Pistol Permit


How to obtain a Pistol Permit

(Click here for a printable form)

An application for a permit to carry a concealed/loaded pistol/revolver may be obtained through the Records Division. Town of Plymouth residents should submit the application to the Records Division at P.P.D. Once submitted, the process takes 14 business days. If the application is denied, the applicant will receive written notification of the reason for such denial. The Records Division will not call you with the status of the permit. You may call the Records Division at 536-1804 Ext. 106 after 14 days to see if the permit has been issued. A copy of a valid driver's or non-driver's ID will be required when you pick up the permit. A $10 fee is due upon approval and the permit issued.

If you are a New Hampshire Pistol/Revolver License holder traveling to another state and wish to carry a concealed weapon using your New Hampshire license, contact that state directly to confirm their recognition status before carrying concealed weapons there. It is extremely important that all license holders be aware of the laws and requirements of all reciprocating states when visiting/traveling. Possession of a license does not supersede any other state's laws or license requirements. License holders are subject to the laws of the state they are visiting.